Market and Target Group
The indispensable foundation for any marketing strategy is studying the market, competitors and target group. If the market entry barriers as well as competitive products and services are and remain unknown, it might eventually damage your business. Each content measure that does not reach the right target group, was implemented in vain.
Understanding Competitors and Customers
The market and competitor analysis helps to answer the following questions:
- Who are your competitors and what strengths and weaknesses do they have?
- Which content measures do our competitors use? Which are successful and which aren’t?
- How has the market developed in the past and which predictions can be made for the future?
- Are there any market restrictions or obstacles to the distribution of the product or service?
- What are the needs and characteristics of your customers?
- Which content means can meet the needs of your target group?
Statistics and Research
For a meaningful analysis, we gather as many facts about your customers as possible. Do you have your own web analytics data? From these statistics, important information about your website’s users can be drawn. Which pages are the most popular, where do users spend most of their time? Which part of your web page gains the most clicks and where do most users bounce off? These answers will complete the following research:
- Market studies
- Keyword analyses: What are users looking for and how are they doing it?
- Industry-relevant blogs, websites and forums
- Community portals
Differentiation of Target Group
Once we have captured the target group’s thought patterns and needs, we can work out a suitable, focused and effective content strategy for you. With the help of so-called user profiles (Personas), target groups can be brought to life by equipping them with specific characteristics. With this instrument, the otherwise complex data sets can be brought to the point graphically. For later editorial work, this preliminary work has the advantage of enabling every editor to empathize with the reader. Furthermore, the time needed for the selection of content themes can be reduced significantly. This leaves no room for speculation and makes your content measures precise and targeted.